June 26, 2011

Ron Darling high-fives marriage equality

Ex-Met and current broadcaster Ron Darling, one of my favorite baseball announcers, has come out for marriage equality -- and it sounds like he's a major supporter.
"I immediately called my wife as soon as I heard," said Darling, who long ago made the city his adopted home and now works as a broadcaster for the team. "I'm joyous. Excited. I can't wait to hear if my friends are going to take the plunge, and I'm anticipating going to many marriages."
It's great to see admired sports figures come down on the side of fairness and equality. This gave me such a lift today that I had to share it with readers. Great things are happening in New York.

1 comment:

Anna Guess Pick said...

I know you are a newcomer to baseball fan-ship but you would have loved Ron Darling as a player. Nice to see him speaking out. Good for him.