June 8, 2011

If only I hadn't . . .

If you could go back in time and warn your younger self about something, would you do it? Would you tell yourself: not that road, this one?

I'm not asking what you'd like to change, just whether you would take advantage of this opportunity if it came your way. Would you try to alter your life or would you leave things just as they are?

Never mind what I just said. I expect you to totally spill your guts about this. Tell us and the whole world what you'd go back and change. And we want the full dish -- none of this vague, airy stuff.  You hear me?

Or you could simply answer the yes/no question. Go ahead and keep your secrets. See if we care.

2 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

Would you try to alter your life or would you leave things just as they are? YES

You hear me? YES

But wait, I believe in the philosophy of causality - so if I changed just one little thing, I might not be here where I am today, right? And I like where I am today so I guess my response would then be NO, yes?

writenow said...

That's where I landed, too. I like how things are so I'd leave everything as it (was) is. I pondered this question for a day and that's my answer: I stand pat.