June 29, 2011

CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley

Have you guys been watching this show? Well I have and I'm shocked. It's actually good!

Now, maybe I'm just a sucker for the sound and pace of the new show. They've obviously taken a page from the PBS News Hour with the look and feel of the presentation. It's very understated and seems to scorn the usual self-important tone of other network news shows.

But it's more than that. They seem to be providing the real news! I haven't seen a news show do this in our country for ages. I'll say it again: the news they present seems to be the real news!

It's too early to hand out any permanent accolades. After all, maybe it's just a set-up and they won't tell us what's going on when it really matters. But it sure seems like they're doing it now. Have you watched the show? What do you think?

2 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

I haven't watch news on CBS since the stone age. Is Scott Pelley the one that took over for Katie Couric?

I will have to check it out once I figure out when it comes on in my time zone. I will give it the old 'nuclear' test.

writenow said...

He's the one. I didn't want to mention her name.