June 12, 2011

Popey guy says something decent, maybe

Evil itself. Ft, ft . . .
NY Times story:
VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Benedict XVI listened to Gypsies recount their way of life at a first-ever papal audience for them at the Vatican on Saturday, decried their persecution by the Nazis during World War II and called on Europe to help end centuries of rejection for the Roma people.
Meh. Maybe he means this, maybe he doesn't. Who knows what this hateful old hypocrite really thinks about anything? But I've been considering the plight of the Roma, the Gypsies.

We gave Israel to the Jews, didn't we? Well, I say we give Utah to the Roma! I think it's time these people had their own country (or state, at least). We'll just push the Mormons out and let the Roma in -- it will be an easy, graceful thing. There shouldn't be any problems. And finally the poor Roma will have a home.

Let's start a Utah for the Roma movement. Waddaya say?

5 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

Well if the Mormons won't leave Utah, send the Roma to Missouri, I welcome more relatives close by.

writenow said...

So you're a Gypsy, eh? I should have known. Poet, photographer, artist, writer and Gypsy. It all fits.

Anna Guess Pick said...

well, to my mother's chagrin I insist on clinging to her family's Bohemia roots. They had to be Gypsies, they just HAD to be.

writenow said...

You wrote about the plight of Palestinian children recently, and how no one cares about them. Gypsies seem to be in the same category: people who don't count. It's dreadful. I think the world needs to focus on these and other disenfranchised people. I know this is a liberal urge but it's also humane. People don't notice that last bit.

Anna Guess Pick said...

I did a blog on the Roma awhile back when France tossed them all out.

We get so tied up with borders, we really are all Citizens of planet Earth... well, except for Arizona.