February 1, 2013

Maybe I'll root for the Ravens

Not every football player is homophobic. Terrell Suggs of the Ravens countered Chris Culliver's homophobia with these remarks:
Asked if he would have a problem with a gay teammate, Suggs answered, “Absolutely not.” Suggs then added that the rest of the team would welcome a gay teammate as well.
“We wouldn’t have a problem with it,” Suggs said. “We don’t care. Our biggest thing in the locker room is to just have fun and stay loose. We don’t really care too much about that. We’re a football team. I said it yesterday; everybody deserves a certain amount of privacy. Who cares? Whatever a person’s choice is, it’s their choice.”
Suggs said the Ravens’ locker room is a welcoming environment.
“On this team, with so many different personalities, we just accept people for who they are and we don’t really care too much about a player’s sexuality,” Suggs said. “To each their own. You know who you are, and we accept you for it.”
Hmmm. If I root for the Ravens, I'm rooting for the sexy manager. Hmmmmmmmm.

1 comment:

Anna Guess Pick said...

Hmm, I never thought I would say this, but I am going to root for the Ravens too. Take that idiot 49er player. And I will keep an eye out for the sexy manager as well.