January 31, 2013

49ers' Culliver is an anti-gay fool

Okay, so here I am, all excited about the upcoming superbowl game, rooting for my 49ers...and then some asshole on the team makes an anti-gay statement. It's been reported (widely) that Chris Culliver said the following:
"No, ain't got no gay people on the team. They gotta get up out of here if they do. Can't be with that sweet stuff. Nah. Can't be in the locker room, man. Nah."
Obviously, the man has a tiny brain. But what on Earth could make him say this just before the superbowl? I mean, this is San Francisco's team. The team that lets drag queens sing the National Anthem. San Francisco!

Thankfully, there's another article at SF Gate (a great paper, by the way) that shows his teammates don't share his bigotry. Here's one excerpt. More at the link.
LINEBACKER LARRY GRANT: “I’ve known guys that I’ve played with in the past (who were gay). When you’re younger you hear different kinds of jokes, when you are in high school and college. At the end of the day, we are all family in this locker room, and we accept each player for whoever they are. … It’s all a brotherhood."
I still hope my 49ers win. But I also hope they don't let this Culliver pig anywhere near the field. He blew his big chance. End of story.

Update: Looks like Culliver had a really uncomfortable press conference. Good. I hope he dreams about it for the rest of his life. 

No comments: