January 20, 2013

Football Sunday

Here's the way I want the day to play out. First, Joe Buck calls in with a terrible flu and says he can't do the Fox broadcast of the 49ers game. That would be a major plus but I'm not counting on it. I figure I'll have to watch the game with no sound. But the 49ers win, either way. And in the second game, the Patriots beat the Ravens. (I think the 49ers can beat the Patriots more easily than the Ravens, so this is what I'm hoping for.)

Who do you want to see win? And do you also hope Buck has a dreadful flu? (Mind you, we don't want him to get really sick; just enough that he can't do the broadcast. Hmmm, maybe it's time for imprecatory prayer, eh? It's the holy way, you know. And we do so want to be holy.)

Update: Well, I got my 49ers wish. They won! Hooray for Kaepernick et al. But the Ravens beat the Patriots. That's okay. I figure Kaepernick can outclass Flacco. The 49ers have to win. Have to.

No comments: