January 3, 2013

Never put up with racism

It's pretty creepy that Kevin-Prince Boateng (cool name, huh?) was the object of racist chants by fans at a soccer game. But I love what he and the other players did. They walked off the field, unwilling to put up with it.

That's the way to go, for all of us. I threw a "good" friend away over one racist remark. You just can't do that around me. If you do, you've tainted yourself in my eyes and there's absolutely nothing you can do to recoup your position. You're dead meat.

If none of us are willing to put up with racism, it will go away.

1 comment:

Anna Guess Pick said...

Spot on, Keith.

I think a simple "what you said is so inappropriate" in a personal social situation would have major impact. We simple cannot turn away and pretend we did not hear the comment.