October 16, 2012

What the heck is this?

In a newspaper obituary for a wildly religious person, it noted that he "confessed Christ in 1998". Confessed Christ? I hadn't heard the term before.

Some web page says Jeebus said:
"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 10:32-33).
Well, then, I'm glad that's all cleared up. I love that this is the sort of thing that's mentioned by date in one's obituary. It's right up there with being born again, which people also seem to refer to by date. "Three years ago I was born again in Jeebus Christ." Whatever. It's just another example of Christians wasting their time on stuff that isn't real.

Remember: Religion is a magic fence around nothing. Hmmm. Maybe I should put that in my obituary. It could say, "On a Tuesday afternoon in September of 2005, while drinking a lovely cup of espresso, Keith noticed that religion is a magic fence around nothing."

No comments: