October 8, 2012

Publicizing "Xmas Carol"

I have done little to publicize my book, mostly because I have no idea what to do. I've mentioned it here, which resulted in approximately zero purchases. Casey and others did Facebook posts about the book, which resulted in approximately zero purchases. What's a boy to do?

I came up with two plans and I've acted on the first. Last week I put up a blog post at Atheist Nexus about the book. I offered their huge atheist community a free copy of the book if they promised to review it at Amazon or Smashwords. Here's a link to that post.

So far, two people have accepted one of the five free books I offered. My impression is that neither is a regular sci-fi or horror reader (though I could be wrong about this) but both expressed tremendous interest in a book that portrays atheists as normal people. Xmas Carol does that in spades so I'm hoping they'll like the book. I also hope a few more AN members will accept my offer.

As for my other plan, it will have to remain a secret for now. I'll tell you all about it after it plays out.

No comments: