May 22, 2013

Does Pope Francis believe in Beelzebub?

Pope Francis appears to have been captured on video performing an exorcism in St Peter’s Square.
I love hearing that any priest believes Satan is real. It's such an ignorant-git thing to believe. So you'd think I'd be happy when yesterday's low-hanging fruit about the Pope being an exorcist came along. 

But meh. I couldn't even blog about it. "After all," I thought, "everything the pope believes is a lie. So why get excited if he involves himself in an exorcism?"

But the more I thought about it, the more wonderful it seemed. I hope the pope does believe in the devil. It's such a colossally stupid thing to believe. In fact, I hope the pope thinks of Satan as his rival, his arch-enemy, a creature that haunts his days. Hoo boy. If that's the case, fun times lie ahead.

No comments: