March 3, 2012

Blurbily yours

I wrote the blurb for Xmas Carol today. You know: the short description of the book that would appear on the back cover if it was a physical book. With an ebook, it's just a few paragraphs that you can call up with a click. But it's important: this is what draws readers into the book.

Before I began, I read a lot of blurbs by other authors. I wasn't impressed. But then, I'm not impressed with the content of many books these days so this wasn't a big surprise. In any case, it taught me nothing and I simply banged one out.

Let me live with it for a few days and then I'll put it up here. Comments will help me to sharpen it, I'm sure.

All is well with Xmas Carol. It won't be long now. Hang on. I know I've been saying that for a while but this time I mean it.

No comments: