December 14, 2012

Brayton on the Supremes

In a post about the (un)likelihood of SCOTUS saying, "G'wan. All you gay people can git married now," Ed Brayton said:
I think we’ll start seeing more states repeal their bans starting in 2014 and by 2020, I expect them only to be in place in the most conservative states, mostly in the South. After that point, and only after that point, I expect the Supreme Court to issue a broad equal protection ruling making equality the law nationwide. As one wise wit put it, the Supreme Court likes to be the last player in on a gang tackle, running in at the last second to jump on top of the pile while yelling “let’s do some justice here!”
I love that description. I read Brayton's blog, Dispatches from the Culture Wars, every day. There are tons of posts, all excellent. After phys.org, it's my favorite web destination.

No comments: