July 5, 2012

Amusing note of the day

The Vatican has registered one of its worst budget deficits in years, plunging back into the red with a €15 million ($19 million) deficit in 2011 after a brief respite of profit.
Karma, anyone? I can just see the Pope walking around his ultra-mansion, picking up this gold thing and that gold thing, and putting each down as he yells, "Never! I'll never sell this!"

PS: I'm going to say "Pope" rather than "popey guy" from now on. The reason is that this blog is translated into many languages (via that Translate widget on the top left). And I don't think "popey guy" will translate very well.

PPS: When I added the translation widget, my hits picked up. There are people from all around the world reading this blog now. I think that's so cool. I welcome you all!

No comments: