July 1, 2012

Seasonal Dysfluxia

Okay, I made that word up. But I am totally confused by the weather and this condition needs a name. A couple of weeks ago it was sweltering, so I knew it was Summer. But then it got cold, and I found myself wearing heavy clothes to keep warm. It was obviously Autumn, if not Winter. But now we're heading into a stretch of hazy, hot and humid weather. It's confusing.

If we don't have a nice, normal, cold Winter in the northeast this year, that's it. I'm leaving Earth. There's only so much I can put up with.

PS: Have you noticed that hardly anyone is blogging the past few days? Is it the heat?

2 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

P.S. Reply - Yes, I found it hard to blog from the freezer, my fingers are so stiff.

Looking at a week of at least 100 degrees each day.......

The A/C gives me chills, I set the thermostat higher... I get hot....

I don't have this problem in winter, I keep the heat low and put on a wooly sweater and I am comfy.

Let's face it when you are almost 75 you look ridiculous naked....

Thanks for thinking of us even in our absence. ;)

writenow said...

Funny. Hi, Annie. Speaking of the freezer, I got a chill when you said: "The A/C gives me chills, I set the thermostat higher... I get hot...."

Jeez, are they all like that? I'm either freezing or sweating with my A/C. There's no Goldilocks spot. We're in for an endless heatwave in NY, too. I wish us both well (and everyone else, especially in Virginia).