June 4, 2012

Translation widget

I added a translation widget to the blog. That's it at top left. So far I've only been able to add it to the web version of the blog, which is weird since Blogger said it could only be added to the mobile version. It did just the opposite. Anyway, if you're on the web version of this blog, now you can read it in many different languages. I played around with it and it was fun to see my posts in Bulgarian, French and Russian. They look so odd!

If you speak a language other than English as your primary language, give it a try. And let me know how it goes. I'm particularly intrigued by the idea that it will have to translate "popey guy" into other languages. I can just imagine what it'll do with that. Fun!

Speaking of the popey guy, this blog is way too focused on Roman Catholic nonsense lately. I'm going to try to ignore the evil church for a while, and write posts about other things. Sounds refreshing.

2 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

Je vais essayer d'ignorer le mal de l'église pendant un certain temps, et écrire des messages sur d'autres choses. Sounds rafraîchissante.

Love it, now if I am bored I can just read your blog in another language. Ain't technology grand!

writenow said...

I love your comment, and it sure is fun to have this ability. Now if they'd only add the language filter I suggested long ago -- the one that translates your blog into British so it sounds all posh, and all.