June 23, 2012

Song update

Correction related to post below this one.

Hmmm. It seems there are public domain Xmas carols, after all. Quite religious, most of them, making them useless to me, but there are a few hopefuls in the list. There's light at the end of the tunnel, after all. The following info comes from easysonglicensing.com. I'm greatly relieved that I can use a few songs in the book.

Angels from the Realms of Glory
Angels We Have Heard on High
Auld Lang Syne
Away In a Manger
Bring a Torch, Jeanette Isabella
Deck the Halls
The First Noel
Gesu Bambino
God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen
Go Tell It on the Mountain
Good King Wenceslaus
Hark, the Herald Angels Sing\\
Here We Come A-Caroling
The Holly and the Ivy
I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
I Saw Three Ships
In the Bleak Midwinter
It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
Jingle Bells
Jolly Old St. Nicholas
Joy to the World
O Christmas Tree
O Come All Ye Faithful
O Little Town of Bethlehem
Silent Night
Toyland
The Twelve Days of Christmas
We Three Kings
We Wish You a Merry Christmas
What Child is This?
While Shepherds Watched

Lotsa jeebus in there. But at least I've got something to work with. Phew.

No comments: