January 6, 2011

Nutters everywhere

Two of MSNBC's main headlines today:

"God was behind Big Bang, Pope says"
"Experts: Mass bird deaths are not apocalyptic"

Phew, huh? Thank goodness god exploded the universe into being and he's not trying to kill us all right now, huh? I'm so relieved!

Nutters. We are living in a world of blubbering idiots. I can't wait to see how "apocalyptic" they try to make things before the day of doom: May 21st. Now don't forget: dress properly for the Special Day of the End Times. I guess a totally enclosed, fireproof suit would be the best thing to wear.

Seriously, these are two of the six main headlines today on an actual American media web site. Not World Nut Daily, but MSNBC! Like we need to "know" this stuff. What a world.

There ain't no god, people. Wake up!

3 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna Guess Pick said...

I'm going with Merriam-Webster's #2 definition:

~showing or marked by a lack of good sense or judgment

Amen [or is that too prayerful?]

PS My 'Soldier's Story' word doc is open and just waiting for me......

[sorry I had a misspelled word, made me crazy]

writenow said...

Opening the file is a big moment. I stare at my Scrivener icon all morning, waiting for the right moment to click it. I find that once I open the file and have a cup of coffee in my hand, writing happens. Good luck! (And I grok the un-publish button. Typos make me nuts, too.)