September 28, 2014

Last day of baseball season. Aaaargh!

Today is a very sad day. There's only one game left in the regular baseball season. Baseball means a lot to me. It's everything about summer, wrapped up in one package and I will sorely miss it. I mean, imagine having to figure out what to do with your evening instead of watching a game?! How is a person supposed to handle something like that? Brrrrrr. Cold reality.

But here's the thing: I'm going back to writing fiction tomorrow morning. I fell off the writing wagon last year. I'm not even sure how it happened. I was going strong, going strong...and then I wasn't doing it at all. That'll happen if you don't prod yourself to keep going.

So something ends today, but something begins tomorrow. That's how I'll get over my baseball sadness. And I really have to write the next book. No one buys Xmas Carol, my first book, because it's the only book on my Amazon shelf. People figure you're a wingnut if you only produce one book.

But I'm not a wingnut and the book is great. BTW, right now is the perfect time for you to start reading it. It begins with the Halloween season and ends with Xmas, making it the perfect holiday book. You know you want to leave summer behind. Get a head start by reading Xmas Carol.

And in the meantime, I'll write that next book. It's going to be a zinger. I promise. But for today, I've still got baseball. Hooray! And best of all, my Nats are in the post-season. Zing!

2 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

For some of us when the air turns cool we head on down to the pond for some hockey. Just saying it isn't just about the boys of summer. Wink, wink.

But if taking your eyes off the ball now means your fingers will get to work tapping, tapping on the keyboard I say "hooray".

But wait, you don't watch playoffs or the World Series? That is usually when this kid comes on board.

writenow said...

I watch the playoffs but because the announces stink, I never have any fun. So yes, baseball is over. Hi Annie. I know you enjoy many more sports then I do. More power to you. It's a great way to pass the time.