September 4, 2014

Babies left in hot cars

I'm crushed each time I hear about the death of a baby left in a hot car. You forgot your baby? Sorry, but I don't buy that. You're a monster. That's why your baby died.

I saw a woman on the news who goes around the country telling people how to avoid these tragedies. Her standard line is "If you think this can't happen to you, you're wrong. It can."

Uh, no, it can't. There is no way I could ever forget a baby in my care. Not for one second. Not even if I was hurt or drugged. Not ever.

Go ahead and think I'm mean to say such a thing. You're wrong. And if you really think it can happen to anyone, then I suspect there are various varieties of people. And you and I are on different sides of that aisle.

Could. Never. Happen. Babies are the most important thing on this planet. You don't forget them.

No comments: