September 10, 2012

Book stuff

I set up an author's page at Amazon and then had to create one at the Amazon stores in other countries. It was fun and a bit weird because I had to make my way through screens of questions written in other languages. But it wasn't that hard because they were replicas of the original English page. I could tell what to click on. As a result, my author's page is up in France, Germany and the UK stores. I think I did another country too, but I'm not sure which. Greece? Japan's site wouldn't let me in at all. It just didn't like me. I get that sometimes. And the links Amazon provided for authors' pages at its stores in Spain and Italy were incorrect. I never got there. (Yes, I can look up the stores' URLs. But just try to find the author's page at one of those sites when you don't speak the language.)

Yup, this is what it's like to be a self-published author: you have to do everything yourself. They don't even provide maids or masseurs. You're totally on your own. Still, it's kind of fun. Xmas Carol is out there. And if I'm not mistaken, Christmas is coming. And this won't be just any old Christmas. It will be the Christmas of Xmas Carol. I like the sound of that.

No comments: