September 13, 2012

Amazon's "Look Inside"

Amazon activated the "Look Inside" feature on my horror novel, Xmas Carol. It's a helpful add-on but I'm disappointed with the result. They let readers see almost two full chapters but the free peek ends just before the hook! A few more paragraphs and the reader would have to buy the book. Instead, it cuts off in the middle of a scene.

On the other hand, the only way I've ever used the Look Inside feature at Amazon is to check whether the author can write. It's pretty obvious from a gander at the first page. I'd never read nearly two chapters online.

Still, I wish they didn't cut the "Look" at that point. For those who've read the book, it ends just before Baylor appears on the Della Rhodia Show to make his big announcement. What a lousy time for the screen to go dark!

No comments: