May 16, 2012

One stupid thing that believers say

Believers have a hope, an expectation, a promise of eternal life in heaven, while atheists have, well, nothing. I believe that the Bible is telling us that there is more awaiting Believers after their lives on earth have ended. Ultimately if it turns out there is no God and no heaven, Believers would have lost nothing while atheists have lost everything.

-- Anonymous commenter quoted by Ed Brayton on his blog.
That is so funny. You'll have lost nothing by believing in god if it turns out it's all hogwash? You've lost your life, you idiot! You didn't see anything around you because your view was muffled by layers and layers of lies. You missed the meaning of life --  totally. It amazes me when I hear people talking about how atheists have "nothing". Duh. It sure doesn't feel that way to us. We've got everything but god -- which pretty much describes all of reality.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What if worshiping God causes Goddess to send them to hell? Did they ever think about that conundrum?

writenow said...

Hey Bret. I'm always happy when you stop by. Sorry I don't visit your blog(s) that often. I'm trying desperately to finish Xmas Carol and it's using up all my time. I keep thinking I only have a few more days work to do. Alas, that has turned into months. Soon. (Hopefully.)

Unknown said...

No worries. I don't comment here to get comments on my blog.

And lucky us, there's only one blog I post to now (the less crazy one... still crazy, but a little less).

writenow said...

Are you still interviewing people? I thought you were a bang-up interviewer. I'm not even sure that's an expression but you know what I mean. Good stuff. I stopped by the other day and saw short pieces, observations, no long-form.