November 27, 2012

Funny way to say you're hurt

Chris Rawson of TUAW (an all-things-Apple site) begins his column today with this:
It's a brief Rumor Roundup this week, partly because there weren't many rumors out there, partly because motorcycle accident + four broken ribs + codeine = very difficult to write coherently. Remember, kids, the rubber parts of the motorcycle are the ones that go on the ground. The goal is to keep them there!
I think that's a great way to announce that he had an accident. It reminds me of when I was learning to drive as a kid. The guy who taught me was my best friend, a guy who was a few years older than me. He began my training by telling me:
"The basic idea is to make sure your car and another car don't occupy the same space at the same time." 
It was great advice that served me well. I never broke the golden rule.

No comments: