March 19, 2014

Typo of the day

I found this today in an AP feed:
A bull apparently in no mood for vaccinations led police on a chase down a Texas city street before horse-riding, lasso-yielding officers were able to wrangle the animal.
If these officers should ever come after you, have no fear. Just threaten them with a lasso and they'll collapse like rag dolls. I believe they meant "lasso-wielding" rather than "lasso-yielding". But hey, what's the difference? No one can read anymore.

In which case, never mind.

2 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

And this is why I am not an Editor. When I read it the first time I read "wielding" - talk about auto-correct. I seem to have it installed in my brain on the in-wave at least.

Good morning K.

writenow said...

G'morning, Annie. Always nice to see you here. K