March 24, 2014

Engine on

I'm sorry that I'm neglecting the blog lately. I figure there must be two, or maybe even three, readers out there who miss it. But it's time to write the next novel.

I find that it's difficult to start a novel. The goal is to get to the point where I know what to write and how to do it, but the climb to get there can be a trial. However, once it gets going -- and it has -- it rushes along, powered by its own innards. The plot and characters drive the story, not me. "Engine on" is the phrase that came to mind when things got going this time. It's like the book developed a life of its own. Once that happens, writing becomes a simple task. All I have to do is record what the characters say and do. It's their show, not mine.

And so I find myself busy. Have no fear. I will always return to this blog after a hiatus. I won't be like those guys who blog for a year or two and then leave for parts unknown. Besides, you know where I am and you can always contact me by commenting on any post here, even the old ones. I'll see it and unless you're a completely crazy wingnut, I'll respond.

In the meantime, you can always read Xmas Carol to get your dose of Keith. I promise it will be one of the most entertaining reads of your life. So get busy. Speaking of which...

4 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

I realized I had not heard from you today. I was about to email you when I thought to check the blog.

Sigh..... alive and well and writing. Life is good.

I will be in touch. AA

writenow said...

If there was such a thing as heaven I would want to write there...which would make it pretty much like my current life. Yes, life is good. Hi Annie!

cm said...

Don't apologize. Good things come in small packages to those who wait.

writenow said...

You're right. I hereby retract my apology. Hi, C.