July 28, 2014

Whole lotta shakin' goin' on

I'm on my sixth day of taking prednisone for an allergic reaction. It's a steroid, and if you've ever taken it you know that it jangles your nerves. It's hard to type, what with my fingers skittering over the keys. So don't expect much blogging from me, at least for a few more days.

As long as I'm here, let's talk animules. Hooray! I'm friends with just about every animal that goes through my yard. (Okay, some of the birds aren't close friends yet, but they will be.) Of course, this happens because I feed anything that walks or flies by.

The animal pictured above, looking in through my glass door, is now a friend. I still don't know what he is, but he lets me come over to him and feed him now. This is huge progress. He was very cagey for a long time.

But the biggie, the step up to a new level, is that the chipmunks aren't afraid of me any more! That's incredible. I thought they'd never get friendly. But lo and behold, they will now stay where they are if I encounter them on a walk. They just look up at me; it's not like we fondle each other. But they don't run. That's so cool.

I want to be friends with every animal on Earth. And I want my fingers to stop shaking.

2 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

Fingers stilled from the shaking or air going into your lungs?

Didn't anyone ever tell you that you can't have it all?

Soon you will be holding Keith in Wonderland tea parties for all your little friends..... and we know you have the proper hat to wear.

writenow said...

Indeed I do. Hi, Annie. Okay, I have to go back to shaking now.