July 9, 2014

Okay, I'll watch it (a little, maybe)

I was going to skip "Extant", but after reading this review at SF Gate, I'm going to check out the first episode. I find Halle Berry creepy, which is why I was going to skip it -- well, that and the fact that it will be doled out like a TV soap opera (i.e., little will happen in a single episode but there will be cliff-hangers galore).

Howsomever, I want to see the couple's "child" -- a young android named Ethan, who is described in the review as a "young Brent Spiner". (He's the guy who played Data on Star Trek Next Generation.) Could be fun.

But it's got Halle Berry in it, so in the end I suspect I'll abandon the series. Still, I do want to see the mini-Data kid. It's on tonight at 9 pm on CBS. Just FYI.

2 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

Maybe the role will be a pleasant surprise. When I watched True Detectives with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson I was very pleasantly surprised, since I like neither one of the actors, but their roles in True Detectives extended beyond their own personalities.

writenow said...

Ever hopeful, that's you. (I'd add an emoticon if I was that sort of person. But I'm not.)