January 20, 2012

My latest obsession

Wordsmith.
I bought an iPhone app last week and I love it. It's called Wordsmith. That's a screenshot at left.

It tosses seven letters at you and you try to make the largest word you can. Then it replaces the letters you used and you create the next word. It's got a timer and levels and it's great fun.

Gimme word games every time. I'd still like to find a good word jumble game. There don't seem to be any out there, though some use the name. I guess no one knows words anymore so there's no market for it. Speaking of which, I wonder how this one sells. Maybe I'm the only one who bought it.

If you get it, go for the 99-cent version. With the free version you'll see ads. Believe me, you won't want to be distracted.

PS: My only problem is that my mind also sees French words, Spanish words, Italian words and Latin words in the letters. I keep looking for the button on my brain that says "English Only" but I haven't found it yet. I think this slows me down. My highest score so far is 56,000. Any other players out there?